Upcoming Public Events
Here are the activities taking place over the next few weeks:
- Sunday Sep 18 at 10:30 AM: Sunday Morning Devotions & Fireside
- Sunday Sep 25 at 10:30 AM: Sunday Morning Devotions & Fireside
- Monday Sep 26 (or after): Feast of Mashiyyat / Will; held in the five Areas: announced separately
- Saturday Oct 1 at 2:00 PM: Reflection on the Spiritual Education of Children (Zoom)
- Sunday Oct 2 at 10:30 AM: Sunday Morning Devotions & Fireside
- Sunday Oct 2 at 12:30 PM: Unit Convention (Baha’is to elect a delegate to the National Convention)
- Sunday Oct 9 at 10:30 AM: Sunday Morning Devotions & Fireside
- Friday Oct 14 at 7:30 PM: First Friday Fireside: “A Conversation on Spirituality” by Rainn Wilson (Zoom)
- Every Weekday at Noon: Daily Noon Prayers and Devotions
Note: The First Friday Fireside for the month of September is cancelled due to the speaker’s work obligation.
These are great opportunities (except for the Feast) to invite your friends to who are interested in the teachings of the Faith. The details for each meeting and how to join them are listed further down.
Event Details and Descriptions
Rainn Wilson is an American actor, comedian, podcaster, producer and writer. He is best known for his role as Dwight Schrute on the NBC sitcom The Office, for which he earned three consecutive Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding supporting Actor in a Comedy Series.
Wilson made his film debut in Galaxy Quest (1999), followed by supporting parts in Almost Famous (2000), Steven Soderbergh’s Full Frontal (2002), and House of 1000 Corpses (2003). He also had a recurring part as Arthur Martin in the HBO series Six Feet Under from 2003 to 2005. From 2018 to 2021, he starred as Trevor on the CBS sitcom Mom.
Wilson was cast as Dwight Schrute in The Office in 2005, a role which he played until the show's conclusion in 2013. Other film credits include lead roles in the comedies The Rocker (2008) and Super (2010), as well as supporting roles in the horror films Cooties (2014) and The Boy (2015). In 2009, he provided his voice for the computer-animated science fiction film Monsters vs.Aliens as the villain Gallaxhar and voiced Gargamel in Smurfs: The Lost Village. He has played a small recurring role of Harry Mudd on Star Trek: Discovery (2017) and Star Trek: Short Treks (2018), as well as a supporting role in The Meg (2018). He is also the voice of Lex Luthor in the DC Animated Movie Universe. Outside of acting, Wilson published an autobiography, The Bassoon King, in 2015, and co-founded the digital media company SoulPancake in 2008.
Daily Noon Prayers and Devotions
Date: Every weekday (Monday-Friday)
When: 12:00 Noon
What: Devotions, individual initiative by the Doss family
Zoom Meeting Link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/815838540?pwd=aXdxQnhKaTBPSWdPVEpBcFV4bmR3dz09
Meeting ID: 815 838 540
Note from the organizer:
There is usually some fellowship and checking in on how we are doing at the first part of the meeting so the devotions, stories, and inspirational writings start about 12:15 PM in case anyone is in a hurry or with limited time. We can modify the timing of things to fit lunch hour pressures.
Anyone can come, even if only for 2 minutes just to say hello. There are no expectations.
There is a hard stop after 40 minutes because we use a free ZOOM account.
We hope to see you at any of these events!
© Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá'ís of Austin, Texas